Stock Trading Competitions is a web application, which allows website owners to run virtual trading contests and let visitors compete in trading stocks without putting any money at risk. With the help of such features as recurring competitions and trading bots the application can be run in fully auto pilot mode.
- Unlimited number of trading competitions (each competition can be set up with different starting balance, duration, number of participants, leverage, lot size, min / max volume, stocks allowed for trading).
- More than 6000 stocks to trade.
- NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX stock exchanges.
- Multi-currency support.
- Live stock quotes.
- Historical stock charts.
- Instant trade execution.
- Real-time position valuation (equity, profit / loss, free margin).
- Automatic margin calls.
- Reward points system.
- Competition leaderboard and global rankings.
- User dashboard.
- In-depth trading statistics.
- Recurring competitions.
- 14 built-in color schemes, light and dark modes.
- 19 languages.
- Social login (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn)
- Google Tag Manager (GTM) integration.
- Google AdSense ads.
- Google reCaptcha validation.
- User emails verification.
- GDPR compliant.
- Built-in installator.
Admin panel features
The following app settings can be adjusted through the admin panel:
- Dashboard with statistics.
- Stocks management (view, create, edit, delete).
- Competitions management (view, create, edit, clone, delete).
- Trades management (view only).
- Users management (view, block, edit, delete).
- Settings (customize color theme, default language, number formatting, points and other settings).
- Maintenance (clear cache, run database updates, execute scheduled tasks).
Bots are users that can trade on their own without user intervention. An administrator can create and add any number of bots to any competition. If there are bots in a competition then every 5 minutes the app will wake them up. Every bot will open a random number of trades (min and max number of trades that can be open during each cycle can be specified in the app settings). The asset to trade will be randomly picked up from the list of top N assets (where N is a number, which can be specified in the settings). Trade direction and volume will also be randomly generated. Every bot will also check if there are any previously open trades whose life time exceeds the min trade life time (specified in the settings). If so the bot will close a random number of such trades (min and max number of trades that can be closed during each cycle can be specified in the app settings).
Accounting & Cash Competitions
Accounting & Cash Competitions Add-on offers additional monetization capabilities and allows an administrator to take fees for participating in trading contests and optionally pay reward to the winners.
Please sign up to Stock Trading Competitions to test the application. You can use the following credentials to check the backend features:
user: [email protected], password: admin
- PHP 7.1.3 or higher.
- PHP extensions: cURL, Mbstring, OpenSSL, PDO, Tokenizer, XML, Ctype, JSON, BCMath.
- PHP function set_time_limit() enabled.
- URL rewrite enabled.
- The application should be installed to the web root folder of a domain or sub domain (it will not work if installed to a sub folder).
The application can be installed on a shared server, however please ensure you have enough system resources available with your hosting account.
Warning: This is NOT a WordPress plugin or theme and can not be integrated with WordPress.
Changelog v1.2.5 – 25 November 2019
Bug fix: bots don’t respect margin requirements when opening new trades. v1.2.4 – 02 September 2019
Bug fix: current quotes on the competition page are not correct. v1.2.3 – 22 May 2019
– Ability to create free to join competitions with cash rewards (Accounting & Cash Competitions Add-on is required). v1.2.2 – 21 May 2019
– Bug fix: pagination on the competition leaderboard page.
– Bug fix: incorrect Total P/L is displayed for competition participants who didn’t make any trades. v1.2.1 – 18 March 2019
– Verify that user is active when browsing pages for authenticated users, logging in or resetting password. v1.2.0 – 26 February 2019
– Bots implemented v1.1.0 – 21 February 2019
– Laravel framework upgraded to version 5.7, before upgrading please make sure your server is running PHP 7.1.3 or higher.
– Chat implemented.
– Optional user emails verification feature implemented (can be enabled / disabled in the backend).
– Optional reCaptcha v.2 validation added to login, registration, forgot password forms. v1.0.1 – 26 January 2019
– Bug fix: competition cloning. v1.0.0 – 14 December 2018
– Initial release.